My Favorite Apps Pt.2 - 5 Apps for Traveling On The Go

In My Favorite Apps Pt. 1, I discussed my 5 favorite apps for planning your trip. Now, I'm going to share the most useful apps that I have used while traveling.

   
1. WhatsApp. It's free international texting over wifi and its compatible with both apple and android devices. Through this app, you can send pictures and videos with no international fees. My favorite feature is the check marks when your message has been delivered and read. I'm also a fan of being able to customize the background of message chat. This is great when you get back from your destination and still want to keep in contact with the friends you made abroad.


2. Passbook. With this app, I no longer have to dig through my over-packed purse at the airport to find my boarding pass. Sorry android users, it's for #TeamIphone. However, if android has something similar that you want me to mention, please add it to the comments below.

3. Google App. This is one of my faves on my iPhone for everyday life. If you have you flight information emailed you, then google pulls the information and notifies you of several important things. For example, when your flight and boarding time is, what the weather is going to be, how far you are away from the airport, etc. This comes in handy when your flight is delayed or preparing to board. If you are an online shopper, it will alert you when your item has shipped if the confirmation email is a gmail account.


4. Google Hangout. Another google-made app makes the list. Hangout is another great way to video chat with people back home while you're at your destination. I prefer Hangout over Skype & FaceTime, because I can video chat with multiple people at one time, screen share, share documents, and access it easily from my gmail account. This is my go-to app when collaborating on group projects or staying in touch with my friends, who live in different parts of the country.

5. Spotify. It's a good choice to upgrade to the premium version for students, which is $4.99/month + tax when you register with your student email. You get unlimited access to full albums and different playlists on your smartphone, tablet, and computer. The best feature is the ability to save different music for when you're offline. This is great when you're traveling on an airplane with no wifi or if you don't want to use your data abroad. While you're away you can also stay on top of new music, because they post new releases the same day. #NewMusicTuesdays I still have to try Apple Music, which just came out this month. I hear they have a family plan, which would make it more affordable than spotify. However, if you'll be on an account by yourself than spotify is less money.



Share on Google Plus

About Danae

To learn more about Danae, Aaron, or Brandi, please visit the About tab above.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment